Monday, February 23, 2015

Things Are Not As They Should Be

I'm a little unnerved the past days, weeks and even months.  Things are happening that just don't seem right to me. and they have me at a loss as to how to handle them and what to do about the feelings.
Some examples, without naming names or identifying those involved...
My dear friend who we just hosted her wedding at our home in December??  He just walked out on her 2 weeks ago.  Probably heading for a divorce?  How does that happen?  Of course, I've only heard her side of the story and I'm heart broken for her.  They came from different worlds - had raised their children differently but had decided that they wanted to marry and make it work.  I guess the differences became too much - I guess he felt she was controlling - too much for him.  So, he left them and took his  kids with them.  My heart is heavy.
Found out this past week that one of our former Bishop's just went completely inactive and no longer goes to church.  I'm stunned.  I'm sooo sad for him and his family.  My heart hurts for them.  How can that happen??? How can you read and research so much information that it turns your heart from the truth to the point you cease coming to church and abandon your covenants???  He's the second Bishop we've had that has done this - gone inactive after being released as Bishop.
I was reflecting today on all the friends and family I know, that have left the church - gone inactive - apostatized.  I'm amazed that the number is well over 20 people - that I know personally - from working with them in the church.  My last Bishop was the one who helped me through my whole mid life crisis 4 years ago.  I owe him my prayers and  support...and his family.
And then, in our ward, there are issues - gossiping and back biting are starting up.  People not minding their own business and trying to ruin other members lives.  I'm stunned at how some of these people WANT to hurt others... it's got to stop.  For a ward that is trying to be a member of a stake, where our theme is 'to be of one heart and one mind' - we are not doing very well.  I'm so disappointed.  I want to go in and sit them all down and say = stop it!!  Just stop it right now.  Be nice - Be kind - Mind your own business - and if you can't say something nice, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!
Lastly - I feel a shift happening at work.  A sense of desperation in the trying to achieve the 'top status' at any cost.  We're forgetting the patients we already have and going to any and all lengths to get new patients.  I'm not feeling comfortable with our methods and certainly not with the responses we're getting.  It's changing the feel of the office - a sense of panic asking any and everybody to do a review for us, to get a referral from any and everybody, imposing on patients to come at our convenience instead of theirs, etc etc...I'm not liking the shift and I'm feeling I may want to say something here soon.
All of this combined has made for a very pensive weekend.  I feel that the life around me is not as it should be.  Del says it's signs of the time.  I don't like it. I want everyone to make good choices - better choices.-.  I guess that would have been Satan's plan, right?

No comments: