Friday, February 6, 2015

Chaos in the Bedroom

I'm not a REALLY great housekeeper - but I'm not a slob either.
This is just me...without a chest of drawers.
I've been without one since the end of November when we sold the one I had at a garage sale.  Del was planning to make us some new ones, along with a new farm table for my kitchen.
Now, with his hernia surgery scheduled for next week, he will be 'out of commission' for over 6 weeks, and we just can't go that long with my bedroom looking the way it does.
I wanted to go a little 'rustic' with the furniture - Del says 'we have enough shabby chic throughout the house' and he wants to go a little more elegant.  So, last weekend, we did us a little shopping and stopped at a place called 'Home Zone', where we found a nice chest of drawers with a mirror on the top that we both liked.  While Del was filling out the paper work and paying for it, I roamed through the place and found a dining/kitchen table that I kind of liked - not the 'farm table' I was hoping for, but a really nice marble top table that Del found perfect for his 'elegant look ' he likes.  So we ended up buying it too.  We should be able to pick them both up sometime next week.
Yesterday, I ended up taking Del's truck to work while he went and took my car to get new tires on it. Apparently, each tire had been worn down to splitting at the seams and I was experiencing a really bumpy ride to work every day.  Del says when I get in it today, I will have the smoothest ride ever. And I was thinking his truck was a really smooth ride.
Wishful thinking.

No comments: