Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Twinge of Concern

For over a week, I have felt a few uneasy emotions of anxiety - about Del - and his surgery.
It's silly - just a hernia repair - a simple procedure.  Under General Anesthesia.
Del is blowing the whole thing off.
I'm being clingy - wanting to spend a lot of quiet and personal time with him - possessive - desperate for intimacy - I'm not usually like this - EVER.  Del's been happy, even giddy to accommodate.
Today, he received a phone call from the hospital asking 'pre-surgery' questions..and being told do's and don't about the day before and day of surgery procedures.  One of the last questions he was asked was 'do you have a living will?'  Huh???  Why?  I assume that's a standard question asked of all surgical patients having a simple hernia repair???  He told them he didn't and they said, 'You may want to get that taken care of before Friday.'
This is where that 'twinge of concern' comes into play.  I know there are always risks to any surgery when being put under.  And I know and understand there are standard questions that have to be addressed and answered.  But I swear, if they ask if he has a DNR or anything like that, I'm calling this whole minor surgery off and just letting him suffer through the rest of his life in hernia distress.
I told him he could let the hospital know that there would be a short red-head in the room that will have no questions as to what to do with the life insurance money and other contents of the will.
Don't push my buttons!!!

No comments: