Saturday, March 21, 2015

One More Week

This is next week.
We've been practicing for 3 months every Thursday - I've only missed one week due to illness. But the past 2 rehearsals, I have been very hoarse - it's either allergies or a really bad head cold.  And it has hung on for over 4 weeks.  I've been worried that as we get closer to concert time, I wouldn't show any improvement, but I have been gradually getting better each day I rest my voice.
Today was one of our dress rehearsals and our first practice with the orchestra.  I have loved 99.99% of the songs we're performing.  There is one combination of songs, done in Hebrew, that is really difficult.  I have had a hard time attaching my heart to it, only because we all struggle with not only the music, but the words.  It will be interesting to see how and if it comes together before next week.  But the other songs are really very beautiful.  Enough so, that today, I cried.  Several times.  It's like the spirit was witnessing to me the truthfulness of the words and the spirit of each Easter song - the death and resurrection of our Savior.  I mentioned to some of the other ladies that if I'm a mess today, what in the heck am I going to be like next week during the concert??  I'm being told that hopefully I will get all the tears out today and there won't be any left for the concert.  I doubt it.
I need to finish memorizing all the words to each song, and I STILL need to get my skirt hemmed.  I haven't even done that yet.  I need to make sure I'm completely ready to give this concert my all.

No comments: