Sunday, April 5, 2015

This Is Him

This is only the second time I have ever seen a picture of Christ that I felt in my soul, was a true depiction of what I felt He looked like.  This is the second one.  The first one hangs in my living room over my piano.  In my eyes, it is the same face - A Simon Dewey face.  I am almost sure this is a Simon Dewey painting, but the guy who posted it on facebook says he doesn't think so.  But it's the same face - I'm sure of it.  It's the only face that has stopped me dead in my tracks - made me breathless with the assurity that this is the face of my Savior.
And on the Easter Sunday, I give thanks to this face for His atoning sacrifice.  We have had a beautiful General Conference weekend with talks that have been profound and uplifting.  There have been words of testimony from the talks given and the spirit has born witness of the truthfulness of the gospel.
On this Easter Sunday, I truly give thanks for the atonement and His resurrection.

No comments: