Thursday, January 4, 2018

What Matters Most??

So, after my last post, you might pose the question..What Matters the Most??
I guess it depends on who you ask??  Or should it?
It should be God...of course, it should be God.
But for those not Christian, or even members of the church, what matters most to them?
Family...but that's where even members of the church lose focus of what order things should be in in matters of importance.  Even God has asked us to place Him first - and He takes care of the rest.
So, in my priorities for this year - I'm not able to do all I have been able to do in the past.  So, I will do what matters most.
And God matters most.
So first, I dedicate my life to Him - my time, talents and all that I have been blessed with.
Full tithe, my devoted time on the Sabbath, my temple attendance , my church callings and my blessing, either temporally or spiritually.
Then family - Del being first on the list, I must give him more of my time and devotion.  I have to make him directly after God.  Spend more time with him - make and reach our goals together - be more a part of his life instead of 'living and doing my own thing'. I'm very selfish when it comes to my 'free' or 'undedicated' time.  I'm an introvert - like being safe in my own little cocoon.  But I must be part of him.  So, I will stretch myself out of my comfort zone.
And Del and I have set some dreams and goals for this year; especially concerning our home, yard and businesses.  We want to finally build Del his dream shop/garage and then turn our current garage into a media/game room.  We need to replace the tile in our home with hardwood floors, paint the house, and then change and add light fixtures to the kitchen and dining area.  We want to get back to a garden - and then build a patio and fire place area.
To add to my goals this year..

1- I want to go somewhere I have never been   AND
2- do something I have never done.

More details to follow after I have given those two points more thought and consideration.

No comments: