Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Packard Family Reunion, Wednesday July10 Activities





















The last day of family reunion was spent with Del and I being in charge of Emerson's age group.  We made clay crafts with them first, and then we took them all up to the Campsite Homestead, where we saw old cabins and farm machinery.  They also got to ride pretend horses and have races and then actually got to see real horses too.  They were mostly fascinated with all the wild life they chased all over the place.  There was a lot of free time for people to go back and do some tings they had really enjoyed before - tubing, more skating and then also a swimming follies.  Del and I skipped those, as were were tired and needed a nap.
That evening, my mother gave a devotional about her migrating to the USA and her conversion story and meeting daddy.  There was a packed house.
Thursday morning, we were up early and drove the 13 hours home without Jordan and Lexi.  We had some Soft Swirlz responsibilities we had to be back for and didn't want to drag out the trip.
Over all, a great reunion.  Fun memories and fun times - too many to mention.  Learned some information about certain siblings and cousins who may be struggling with certain issues, so will now continue to have them in our prayers.  I was definitely  close with all my sisters - a few distancing moments from some brothers.  No real contention at all, but we are a family with a mirage of personalities and differences of opinions.  We are also very strong willed people.  I chose to distance myself from one or two of those, as I tend to do every time.  This was my first reunion in 10 years.  I've chosen not to go to the others for the exact reasons I had a few awkward situations at this one.  I am not naturally drawn to a few of my siblings .  I don;t know why.  They tend to be contention driven, and I don't seek for those kind of people. I wanted peace.  I found that with those I feel safe with...Becca, Elaine, Rachel..
I'm glad we went though.  I'm especially glad that Jordan and his family went too.  I think they really enjoyed it..So, it looks like our next reunion will be in 3 years from now.  Hopefully Kathryn and Kylie will want to come this next time with their families too.

No comments: