Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Post Surgery and Reunion

Got home from family reunion on a late Thursday night.  We had 2 Soft Swirlz events on Friday and then one on Saturday night that Del took care of mostly.  I got laundry done and tried to get things ready for the Sabbath, which came with nothing until after church, I started feeling a little run down and my throat started to hurt.  By Sunday night, I was having pain swallowing.
Monday morning, I took Del to the airport early as he was flying to Boston for the week.  I was sick - down in bed.  By Tuesday afternoon, after not eating for two days and sicker than a dog with my
throat, I had to take Ammon and his two kids to the airport, and on the way home, I stopped at an emergency room to be checked.  It was a disaster.  They didn't want to swab my throat - they just wanted to do all these very expensive ct scans and other procedures.  After an hour, I left, refusing any tests or treatment and came home and made an appt to see my doctor the next morning.
By Wednesday morning, I showed up at my doctors office in tears - an emotional wreck and starving to death and in pain - Swab test showed strep throat - I knew that.  Doctor gave me keflex and sent me home to rest.  By that night, I could already swallow and had a popsicle that Lexi brought me.
But Thursday morning, I woke up to THIS - the picture.  My surgical spots were red and swollen, so back into the doctor to find out what was wrong -
Because my soft tissue of the cancer spots was already compromised, the infection had gone there and settled into my face.  I was a mess.  Another two days getting rid of that issue - all with Del in Boston.  When I picked Del up Friday night, he saw no traces of my terrible week.  The doctor said I was to be down though through the weekend, so I Have been.
I'm now recovered from everything.
Quitting my job.
Cancer biopsies.
Facial cancer and surgery.
Family Reunion.
Strep throat and infection.
I feel I have spent most of my 'retirement' in bed or recovering from something that has put me in bed.  I need to get up and going.
Del has a lot on his plate.  Especially with work.  Things are not looking good there.  They are no longer finding value in him as a member of the team.  He's feeling very discouraged and overwhelmed with trials right now.  I need to be more of a help to him.  He hasn't felt a lot of optimism from me the past 5 weeks as I have dealt with health issues.  I need to relieve him of some of his responsibilities here at home and be more of a sounding board for him.  He has a lot going on.

No comments: