Monday, December 2, 2019

Gratitude For Blessings

Thanksgiving came and went last week.  As always, it was filled with lots of food, playing games and being with family and friends.
Our family dynamic has been strained over the past 6 months with decisions being made by my older children that have caused me a lot of reflection and various emotions.  Honestly, I wasn't quite sure how the Thanksgiving Holiday would go.  I am very much into peace and quiet in my home right now.  I'm shying away from all anxiety and stress and tend to cherish the moments of silence I find often in my home alone.
Because of the weather, our Thanksgiving Day plans were changed from our house to Kylie's house, as hers is more conducive to inside activities than ours is.  I still cooked most of the food and we took it over.  The day was actually fun - great food and a lot of it - games played by both the kids and the adults and then dad I left late that night to come home to a very quiet and clean house.  A fire was built and Del went to bed early, leaving me to enjoy the warmth of the fire and the quiet for my thoughts.  I took the opportunity to reflect on my blessings and the situation that I currently find my family in.  Although some situations of family life and the church have changed, I still love my children and grandchildren and the good people they are and the love they bring to the family.  Of course, eternal perspective of things may look a little different now, but I'm hoping that it hasn't changed enough that I lose all hope for my eternal family.
But sitting there in my home, reflecting on all the blessings and experiences I am enjoying in my life, I truly do realize that my family brings me comfort and joy.
Now, a few days later, the Christmas Season has arrived. 
Take each day as a blessing of another day here.
Enjoy each moment.
Love and be loved.
Serve and be served.
Give and receive with joy.
Acknowledge my Savior for who He is and what He has done for me.

No comments: