Wednesday, December 4, 2019

"All is Calm, All is Bright"

I took a few moments today to put up the Christmas tree. 
It's beautiful and it, along with our other decorations, definitely put me in the Christmas spirit.
I don't think I have mentioned here, that I rejoined the MCO choir again this semester and next.  For three months, we have been having Thursday evening rehearsals and learning the 14 songs that we will be presenting in this Saturday's concerts.  Yesterday, I came down with a head cold and a touch of laryngitis...of course.  It's my body's way of dealing with anxiety and stress.  That's one of the reasons I decided to do the Christmas decorations this week - to calm my soul.  The songs are great and it's going to be a fun, exciting and great concert.  So I actually WANT to sing in it - it's just the anxiety I go through beforehand!
But I can do this/  My house is actually beautiful - calm - peaceful and joyful.  I've done a lot to prepare spiritually for Christmas this year.  My decorations are simple, but meaningful.  My heart is full and giving and I'm looking forward to all that this season will bring.

No comments: