Thursday, January 2, 2020

My Personal Christmas Miracle




The week of the MCO concert started with me getting very very sick.  It happens every time.  It's my body's way of handling stress, anxiety and a panic attack.  So Monday, I had a sore throat and started with a cough.  Tuesday night, I went to rehearsal feeling worse and had no voice, but I went anyway, hoping to stay on top of the music.  Wednesday and Thursday, things were worse, until finally, Friday, I wen to the doctor.  I had strep, flu, bronchitis and an ear infection.  I was really sick.  The doctor gave me medications for everything and I started them a went straight to bed after texting my sectional leader that I was going to miss dress rehearsal that night because I was contagious, but that I would be at the concert the next night.
And then I prayed.  I was tired of not being able to handle my life when it seemed to be falling apart.  I wanted to sing in this concert and I wanted to sing well.  I nursed myself all through the night and all Saturday until it was time to get ready.  I showered, dressed, make - up - the whole routine, but I still felt like crap.  I prayed all the way to the concert hall. When I arrived, I remained silent and pensive, hoping that the spirit would hear my pleas.
At 5:00, we entered the stage and the concert began. And I sang - and my voice was clear - and loud, and strong - and in tune.  The concert was perfect.  I cried after the last song.  
At 8:00, we were on stage for the second concert, and it too, was wonderful.  Kylie and Kathryn were both there and said they could actually hear me.  And I swear, while conducting certain songs, I am sure Brett signaled to me to not sing so loudly. I would smile!!  
After the concert, the choir members went out to greet the crowds of people .  While visiting with family and friends, I felt my voice starting to get scratchy and sore.  By the time we got home, I undressed, make up off and was sliding into bed at midnight, I knew I was not well.
Sunday morning, Kathryn came running into my room to wake me up, as I had slept through my alarm.  I was giving a talk in Sacrament meeting, so took the quickest shower in history, dressed and was out the door in ten minutes.  When I opened my mouth to speak?  Nothing.  Crackling and whispering as best as I could, I shared with my ward members the miracle I had experienced the night before.  I was so blessed.
By the time I was done with my talk, I had Kathryn and Ammon take me home, where I climbed into bed and slept until Wednesday morning at 10:00.  It took me another full week to get any better, but I still have a cough even today.  Del caught my sickness a week later and is now in his 3rd week and remains with a cough also.
I can't be more grateful for the Lord's intervention on my behalf.  I love music and especially had dedicated this opportunity to sing to my Savior as my Christmas gift to Him.  I will always remember this miracle of music.

No comments: