Wednesday, January 29, 2020

I Can't Take Another Surprise

I came home from Italy so content and happy for the whole experience of the Christmas surprise, then the birthday surprise.  I was looking forward to life getting back to normal and especially my emotions with no more surprises.
But nope - there was one more.  The morning after we got home, I went out onto my back patio to find this.
This is my new heaven, made and delivered by Dan Newman.  He and his family are members of our ward.  He is the ward Priesthood Quorum President and Del is his counselor.  We moved into the ward just before they did and I met them one day when they were at Subway just after moving in.  I was the first person they met.  We have become friends.
Del and Dan are especially close.  They, along with Brandon Burton, are peas in a pod.  Kind of quiet, socially awkward with wives who ARE NOT.  But all three men are the kindest hardest working men you'll meet.
Dan made this for my birthday.  I was stunned.  He does this as a side business and sells them for over $600!!  But he gifted this for me and painted it in my BYU blue.
A friend suggested I throw a bunch of BYU pillows on it and my BYU blanket and call it good. So I've ordered the pillows and when they arrive, I will take another picture.
Basically - if you need me?  You'll know where to find me.

No comments: