Tuesday, January 28, 2020

The 'Eyes' Have It


On Wednesday, December 18th, I had surgery on my eyelids.
All growing up, I was called Jap Eyes because of how far my eyelids drooped over my eyes and how slanty they were.  My eye doctor really encouraged me to consider having my eyelids lifted to allow more light to come into my eyes and allow me to see better.
The surgery was fairly non-complicated and aside from looking slightly swollen and black and blue for a week, I healed very nicely.  But today, (Jan 28), I went back in for a post surgery check and she felt that she really hadn't reduced my eyelid enough and so on Feb 14, she is going to do at least the left eye again and possibly more on the right eye.  My vision is markedly improved, but going to be even more so when she does it the second time.  So I am thrilled about that!

No comments: