Tuesday, March 31, 2020

I Knew EXACTLY What I Was Doing!!

He's going to be 64 this year.
A friend of mine described him as 'a great combination of Magnum PI and Sean Connery'.
Uh, yuh think!!??
Del is not a 'facial hair in public' guy.  He never has worn a beard or mustache out in public and seldom, if ever, goes a day without shaving.  He's always clean shaven.
But knowing that he wouldn't be attending church OUTSIDE the home for weeks on end, the kids, mostly the girls, begged him to grow a beard until the first Sunday that we are allowed to go back to Sunday Services at the chapel.  He agreed.
But it's driving him crazy.  It itches, it pokes him and he is not at all comfortable with it.
BUT DANG!!!  He looks good!!!!
I've taken a few pictures - for history - and I'll take a last one right before he shaves it off.  But between me and you?  He's not going to last much longer.
But looking at him now, I knew exactly what I was doing almost 38 years ago when I said yes to marrying him!!
He's like a fine wine - he ages nicely.

No comments: