Monday, April 27, 2020

Del's Quarantine Facial Hair - Phase 3 and 4

This is week 4-5 of quarantine.  I LOVED this phase!  I thought he was a silver FOX - just very rugged and handsome looking. But before shaving it completely off, Del wanted to try a few other looks that he's never done before.

Yes - this is Jordan and Kylie DYEING Del's hair.  He wanted no grey on the side of his hair, or his beard and mustache.

So the two kids spent an hour dyeing  It was really quite funny watching the change happen before our eyes.  And you should have seen the look on the faces of the grandkids.!!!


The result of Phase 3 - same day transformation/  I could tell Del really liked it.  And when I posted the pictures on social media, the response was OVERWHELMINGLY positive to his new and improved YOUNGER look.  Many were saying it took a good 15 years off his age.  I was feeling a little old at that point.
Phase 4 was next.

Phase 4 included a regular haircut, but then reducing the full beard to a goatee. Immediately, his three children all mentioned how much he now looked like his younger brother Bert.  And he did.

Jordan was really careful and precise in giving Del his stage 4 goatee look.

Del liked the look with his cowboy hat

Everyone was also comparing him to this famous actor.

The goatee look.
I think Del will keep this for another week or two and then right before it's time to go back to church, he will shave it off to just a mustache, take a picture and then shave it all off the same day.  I don't think he wants to be longer than a day or two in just the mustache look.  But who knows, he may look enough like Tom Selleck to me, that I will convince him to keep it a few extra days.

No comments: