Thursday, April 2, 2020

Reaching Out To God in My Own Sacred Grove

This picture is of The Sacred Grove where Joseph Smith prayed and received a visitation from Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ.  I have never been there, but I hear that it truly is beautiful and as peaceful as it appears in this picture.
It is considered a sacred place because of what happened there.
But like I said, I have never been there.
So, where is MY sacred place?  Where do I go when I want to reach out to my Father in Heaven?  I have learned over the years that I have found myself pleading to my Heavenly Father for answers to my prayers whenever I need Him, not necessarily wherever I need Him.  Or both, really.  I have learned that it's not WHERE I am praying but what happens there WHEN I'm praying.
It's most often in my little office off my bedroom.  I would call it my Sacred Grove.  I read my scriptures here.  I read church news and all church material here.  I say my prayers in hear.  It's a room of peace and solitude.  There are no trees, or bushes or outdoor beauties.  But it has, on it's walls, things that are beautiful and sacred to me.  I feel the spirit in here. My Sacred Grove.
And I come here every day and spend much of my day in here.  I'm loving the HAVING to stay at home, so I find myself drawn to this room even more than usual.
Peace inside the four walls of my home.


No comments: