Monday, April 27, 2020

Doing Our Best to Follow The Rules
















We have just finished week 6  of Staying and Sheltering at Home.
We have literally stayed at home except to go grocery shopping and pick up medications.
That is, except for Del.  He has been more brave than I have and he has gone to the grandkids houses and taken them horse back riding.  Otherwise, they have come over to our house, where we have experienced more snakes, swimming, swinging, new baby chicks, working in the garden and doing outdoor chores.  I have watched a lot of movies, read a lot of books, watched PAST Olympics and tried to be patient waiting for the quarantine to be lifted.
Our Texas governor just announced today that the Stay at Home Order will be lifted THIS Friday.  That will make a total of 7 weeks that we have stayed isolated from others (except our families). It has been difficult both mentally and physically to be isolated, especially from attending church and members of our ward.  It's been restricting - and even after Friday, we still won't be able to meet together as a ward yet - not until the band is lifted throughout the United States. 
In the meantime, every Sunday, the 4 of us here in our home, have our Sunday Sacrament Services - with music, prayer, Del and Ammon preparing and serving the sacrament, and then having a gospel discussion about Come Follow Me in the Book of Mormon.We've enjoyed a beautiful spirit between the 4 of us and it's been really good to see the strengthening of Ammon and Kathryn's testimonies.  But I DO feel a disconnect from the ward and the stake. And it's a very lonely feeling for me. I have pushed the rules on the sheltering away from others, especially when it comes to my children and grandchildren.  I think if I had followed the suggestions of the state and nation about appropriate distancing from my children and grandchildren, that would have put me into a pretty serious depression.  I just couldn't be THAT obedient.
So we'll have to see when happens after this Friday - what re-opens, what still stays closed etc..I don't think Kathryn's doctor's office will re-open yet, or any dentist offices etc.  I think restaurants and retails stores will be re-opening but only allowing 25% capacity.  But there are still no salons, schools or other things open yet.  I've given up weeks ago on keeping my nice nails, and I'm only one of thousands who have needed a haircut WEEKS ago!!  Many of us have hairstyles that no longer have any shape or body to them at all.  I guess that's the least of our worries as there's no-one to see us anyways.  We're all in the same boat...a sinking ship.
But I can see a light at the end of this world wide dark dark tunnel.  And we have come out of it still alive, healthy and not lost anyone we love to this terrible virus.
Not everyone can say that.
And for that, I give my Father in Heaven thanks.

No comments: