Saturday, February 7, 2009

25 Random Things You Didn't Know About Marlys

Do you care though???
Don't we assume a lot when we think people care about stuff they don't know about us???
Okay, I think my kids might care...ok, maybe my girls...Jordan probably doesn't though.
So, for Kylie and Kathryn...and anyone who MIGHT care..
25 things about Marlys that you didn't know...cuz I've never told anyone.
1. I smoked my first and only cigarrette when I was in kindergarten - thrown out of the school bus by the bus driver.
2. I drank my first and only beer when I was three years old - neighbor in the garage down the street gave it to me.
3. I cheated on a test in US History my junior year in high school.
4. I love watching musicals - even if they are corny and outdated.
5. Like Kylie, I hate scary movies - and sci-fi movies..no Star Wars, no Lord of the Rings, no Harry Potter...nothing that couldn't be 'real'.
6. I don't like 'imaginary' things. I like life.
7. I love reading other's BLOGS and hate when I get on to read and see 'yesterday's' blog as the last one entered.
8. I have a crush on someone besides my husband. Notice, I said 'crush' - not love. CRUSH. And he's not my cousin.
9. I am for stem cell research. I also tend to be a little more liberal than some people think I
should be.
10. I love Friday's because I can do anything or nothing at all and I'm accountable to no-one.
11. I hide stashes of money for a rainy day.
12. I get my feelings hurt when I'm not included in a circle of friends that got together for lunch.
13. I love when Del and I enjoy the few 'empty nest' evenings at home we have each week.
14. I still come close to a heart attack each time I have to perform (sing) in front of others.
15. I had a breast reduction 9 years ago...used to be a 42 FF - not pretty. Now, I'm smaller.
16. Jordan really isn't my favorite child.
17. I was sexually abused by my grandfather from age 8-11 years of age. TMI??? Sorry.
18. I did not vote in the past 4 presidential elections.
19. I did not graduate from college although I did get an M.R.S. degree.
20. I LOVE blood - meaning, I love surgeries, on the body, in the mouth - I love the field of medicine.
21. I too, am lazy. I'm a terrible housewife - hate dusting, vacuming, and cleaning bathrooms.
22. I'm on Paxil - 60mg - anti-depressant - have been and most likely, always will be.
23. Del thinks I don't mind not getting birthday, anniversary or Valentine's Day gifts, but I do.
24. My favorite relaxing thing to do? jigsaw puzzles.
25. I got a speeding ticket that I still haven't told Del about...and never will.

Okay - now you know. Wish you didn't?? This IS the last time for being tagged and or confessing all my sins...

2 comments:

Vicki said...

You hoodlum! Smoking, drinking... I have some pretty grim secrets that my children don't even know about. You can count me NOT tagged. By the way, it's a miracle you turned out with your grandfather around. I'm sorry about that one.

Vicki said...

Another thing...so Kevin isn't your crush? I don't believe it...