Monday, February 2, 2009

A 'Super' Weekend

Yep, it was the Super Bowl this weekend, but aside from that...I lost more weight. When I weighed Sunday morning, I was down a total of 12 pounds. Of course, it was Fast Sunday BUT I had still had a very careful weekend. Kathryn and I have decided we are only going to weigh once a week though because when I weighed last night before going to bed, 3 of the pounds were back on. So no more of this weighing twice a day stuff. Once a week...Friday mornings. But I was feeling good enough yesterday that several people at church mentioned they could tell a difference and some ASKED if I was losing weight. So, this is going to be a great thing.
I am using HerbalLife along with my doctor here at work. It is a good product for me and not nearly as expensive as some of these other diet products out there these days. I'm not having to do without any foods, just smaller portions and adding walking to my life. My clothes are already fitting differently but I still have 40 pounds to go. This will most likely be a year process - at least I am giving myself to the end of 2009 to be at my goal weight. Doing without junk food hasn't been too difficult but it has sure made me realize how much I was eating of it. Smaller portions seem to fill me up with plenty of water on the side.
As far as the Super Bowl..The Pittsburgh Steelers won the game, if that matters to anyone. I was more excited about the BYU basketball game and the win we got there versus the lost we had earlier in the week to Utah!!(:!! We've had several updates from Jordan this week - he's feeling overwhelmed with school work, wrestling and his church calling. Oh, all I can do is pray for him to be able to figure it all out. He's such a good kid. I can't believe how much I miss him.
It's Monday - I hate Monday's. For me, it just means the start of another week of work. But, I'm going to try and look at it from now on as...another week to lose 2 pounds. It will be, 'not that I hate Monday's, but that I love Friday's now.' Good luck to me this week.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Way to go Marlys! It's a good choice to not weigh yourself everyday. It's one on many things I should have told you but didn't. Also, NEVER weigh yourself at night. That is suicide. Once a week is much better because by the time you weigh yourself again, you have lost pounds. Your numbers fluctuate too much for everyday weighing. The best indicator is when your clothes start fitting differently, so you are on the right track. Keep going...it is SO worth it.