Friday, January 30, 2009

My Big Belly Laugh

Okay, so it's been almost two weeks since I started this losing weight thing. Thank you all for your support and comments. During that time, I have lost...dudutadu...6 pounds!!! Yeah to me!! I have not exercised every day due to ice storms and the Sabbath being a day of rest (thank heavens), but I have done fairly well. I also compromised. Some of you may see it as quitting, but no, I couldn't run. I am not a runner, I am a walker. I tried the running thing and didn't want to do it again. The walking thing I like and can do it fast and WANT to do it again. So, I walk instead of run. It works for me. I haven't had junk food in two weeks. No candy, no juice, no chips or cookies, no brownies, no ice cream and believe it or not, no chocolate. I have smelt it and touched it but it has not crossed my lips. Now, THAT has been hard!!! I even have See's chocolate suckers in my utensils drawer in the kitchen calling my name, but for 1 year, I have changed my name!!!
My big belly laugh for the day??? Okay, Kylie and Kathryn are doing this with me. Yeah, like Kylie needs to lose weight..WHATEVER. She claims she just wants her muscle back and flat tummy. Her tummy gets any flatter and she'll be inside out. Anyways, Kathryn and I go to Target to get some bathroom scales...you know, the things that talk to you? Mine have said, 'Get off me you big lugg' or 'Only one at a time please', or just lately 'It's now or never lady'. So, the time is now. We are looking at the boxes for the best scales..some tell you your body fat (like I don't KNOW already I'm fat), some tell you your mass something or other (land mass?) and then others just get right to the point and start flashing in big numbers your three digit body weight. Big RED numbers even..(like you can't read them from where you're standing).
So, we find some scales that are not in a box and I put them on the ground and stand on them, waiting for some kind of moaning and groaning to come forth before flashing my three digit number. Pleasantly surprised, okay, SHOCKED, I see it register 25 pounds less than what I knew I was 2 weeks ago. I laughed and insisted it had to be wrong...so Kathryn volunteers to get on and see if it will proclaim her to weigh 25 pounds less also. It does, to which she exclaims, 'This one lies to us and doesn't talk back. Let's get it!!!" Big belly laugh right in the middle of the store. We must have laughed for 10 minutes.
Needless to say, it's not the one we came home with. At this point, we need a little more accuracy, not humor in our dieting endeavors. But it did make me smile.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Great to see you still have your sense of humor! Good thing about dieting - you lose weight,not your humor. You're on your way, the first two weeks are the hardest because of the cravings your body is having. After a while (believe me on this one) you will not have those cravings anymore.