Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome to 2009!!!








The New Year has started off the same way last year ended - having tons of fun with family. You can see Kathryn's cute new haircut in these pictures. She is still trying to adjust to not having long hair anymore. I guess 10 inches was quite a lot for her. She went to Six Flags with Kylie today; a birthday gift from Kylie. They had a blast. And then tonight was the wedding reception of Scarlett Packard, who is my cousin Meredith and his wife Corinne's daughter that live in McKinney. Lots of family showed up and we all had so much fun visiting and laughing etc.
So, that is how we have started the New Year. New Years Eve was spent with Mike and Kylie gone to Six Flags with Scarlett and her new husband; Jordan was on his first date up in Utah with a girl named Kelly Gabbert(she was a missionary in his district in the MTC), and then Kathryn went to the Richardson stake dance with her cousins Chris and Michael. Of course, Del and I stayed home and just enjoyed watching football and the quiet of the house. We have never been much of 'staying up late' kind-of people, so Del went to bed before midnight and I stayed up and waited for Kathryn to get home.
New Years Day was spent here at home with Mike and Kylie sharing a yummy turkey dinner with us and playing tons of games. But by 8:00, we were all so exhausted that everyone went home and to bed. We are certainly not what you would call 'party animals'.
Today was a LAZY day - I picked up a friend from the airport but that was about it. Jordan was needing me to adjust some things on his school class schedule, so I did that online and then Michael came over for a few hours to play three handed Make a Million until it was time for the wedding reception.
Now, we're home from that, settling in for the night by watching a good football game.
I'm excited about a new year...and all the possibilities it holds for both me and my family.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Happy New Year to you two lazy birds!! By the way, as per your recent post about moving (again)...I need your new address. Please send pronto (or whenever you get around to it) - whichever comes first!