Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blah, Blah, Blah

OK, here I am three weeks into the New Year - I am reading others blogs who are in the same BLAHland that I seem to be in....it's the 'post holiday blues'...or 'I have no life' syndrome....or 'nothing interesting is happening that merits blogging about' or 'FLATLINED' , as Dana seems to feel. Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!! It's not that I'm non functioning cuz I am at work every morning seeing patients and making money, but I don't seem to be accomplishing anything 'NEW". Maybe THAT's it...there is nothing NEW in my life... the same old, same old...yes, it's a new year, and I have the goal of being better than I was last year...but better MUST mean SOMETHING more than last year...something NEW.
Okay, time for brutal honesty...and my blogging friends, this MUST NOT be shared or passed on to your hubbies...it's too disgusting to me for YOU to have to know this...
Okay, I'm fat...this tub of lard has got to go this year. I was just laying on the couch, watching t.v and lifted my shirt to scratch my tummy - OH MY GOSH!! You know how bread dough looks as it's rising and then collapses...that flabby, blubbery look...??? That was my belly - bloated about 20 inches high!!! I'm pretty sure I am at an all time 'high' (weight). I literally took my belly into my hands and moved it around like jelly until I busted out laughing. Of course, I'm home alone and went to stand in front of the mirror. My thought?? 'POOR DEL".
Okay, so my mind raced...what am I going to do about this? Two years ago, I had a blood work up and hormone testing done by the doctor to see about my medications...It revealed very high cholesterol (251), sugar glucose level or 'too much sugar' level of 593 (normal is in the 100's) and basic 'you're disgusting Marlys' numbers that should have alerted me a little more drastically that I was needing to make some changes. But, I've been too lazy, or it has seemed too hard to come up with something that would make a difference. I don't have the money to do Jenny Craig or NutriSystems, but I finally am disgusted enough to know that i don't want to go another day without some attempt to get my physical health under control.
So, I turn to you, my family and friends for advice and encouragement. Dana, Meredith and Shelley, don't even SPEAK the words PX90 whatever thing. I'm not desiring DEATH, yet. Just words of encouragement, an occasional laugh picturing me running around the block with my belly hanging to my knees and a stern word if you see me eating ANOTHER piece of cheesecake.
I think I have found my 'something new' for the year...or two, or three. I DO have 50 pounds to lose!!!
Let the games begin.

2 comments:

AnnCP said...

OK - if that glucose level was 593 - you would have been dead! Encouragment - you got it from me girl! My piece of advice - learn to love your veggies all over again! You can do it and so can I - you just seem more motivated than me.

Gavin and Shawna said...

Hey Auntie..
So I have a friend that was about 50-60 lbs overweight because of 3 pregnancies in 2 years and the lack of motivation after losing a baby at birth. Anyhow...long story short. We started running...a little mile here and a little mile there. She also started following the point system with Weight Watchers (which is little money if you use the online monitoring). We now run about 20-30 miles a week and she has been doing weight watchers for 16 months and she has lost 55 or 60 lbs. You have to want it...really know its what your health needs. I, on the other hand, have not dieted but run the same amounts and have really just maintained my weight. So...exercising alone will likely not cut it. Anyhow...my friend really inspired me because that is a lot of weight to lose with your own will-power. Find a good friend and get on weight watchers (they are running a free trial right now).
GOOD luck!!!