Saturday, January 10, 2009

Does it Matter Anymore???


So, once you hit a certain age, does it even matter anymore when someone asks you how old you are? I LOOK one age, FEEL another age, WISH I were yet another age and ACTUALLY AM 49. Ok, so Del just looks over and says, 'What age do you think you look?' After 26 years of marriage, he's still not REAL brilliant as to the 'do and do not ask' questions. At least I don't look like Kathryn did for her birthday. Here's the last picture of this eye of hers...It's been quite painful for her, but she's been a trooper.
So my big birthday plans? Do the laundry, go grocery shopping, work on the jigsaw puzzle, vacuum, dust, watch the BYU basketball game and watch a few movies with Del and Kathryn. Oh, we are also going to dinner to Maggiano's as a family - good Italian food!!! Elaine took me out to lunch yesterday with Kylie and Kathryn also - we had such a good time as girls, chit chatting about everything. I love Elaine...she is so relaxing to be around and so kind to take care of me on my special day.
And I must not forget that I am actually typing on my Christmas/birthday gift from Del...my own laptop computer. It has been SOOO nice to just get on it without having to wait in line for 'my turn' to type and read emails. Thank you sweetie...He's so good to me.
So I guess certain things DO matter on your birthday...just not the age!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Happy Birthday girl! It's not so bad to be older. You HAVE to be older to have your kids turn out great, and be ready for those darling grandbabies that will be coming your way shortly.