Tuesday, January 6, 2009

To Be My BETTER Self

I'm 6 days into the new year already but have thought long and hard on what I want to accomplish this year in my life. I turn 49 on Saturday, just one year short of what many consider to be the time called 'midlife'. But figuring I don't plan on living until I'm 100, I went through that 'midlife' thing when I was 40. So I'm thinking I've been on the 'downhill' for about 8-9 years or so...So, how am I feeling about this year?
Optimistic. I know I'm not in the best of physical shape, spiritual shape, financial shape OR mental shape...BUT, I am optimistic of making great strides in all areas to be the BETTER ME this year. I just want improvement this year in all areas of my life - note, I didn't say 'perfection' in these areas, just improvement - growth - to be BETTER than I was last year. I want to make more of an effort to be alive - to LIVE each day in enjoyment of what that day had to offer and what I was able to contribute. To be better...nothing more profound than that.

No comments: