Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sweet Whisperings

I have lived too hectic and worldly a life to receive continual promptings and revelations from the spirit. So, over the past few months, mainly from the beginning of the year, I have made a significant effort to slow my life down, re-adjust some of my schedule and prioritize the events in my life to allow me the blessing of QUIET TIME - a time where I PUT myself in the position to petition the Lord and the spirit for answers and communication - a true relationship with them both.
I work full time, outside the home. I also work many hours IN the home. It has been enlightening to see what I used to consider 'important' or even 'necessary' in my life. Some of them still are but have now been placed in their appropriate place and order. And as I hoped and desired, I have felt more often and specifically the sweet whisperings of the Lord's spirit. I have specifically set aside Friday's as my 'day of enlightening', where I don't work OUTSIDE my home, I don't work INSIDE my home but instead, set aside my day as the time I will do things and think of things that will place me in a position to receive answers to my prayers.
Yesterday turned out to be such a day. It was raining, my house was already clean, I had dinner planned and started ahead and I made homemade cookies as an expression of love for Del and Kathryn. Because I was up early enough to accomplish all those things by 10;00 am, I spent the remainder of my day pondering some questions I had in the scriptures, writing down some thoughts I had questions about and even took a restful nap in the early afternoon. By the time Kathryn came home from school, I felt full - fulfilled - calm and renewed. And I hadn't even been able to go to the temple as I hoped...no car. That will have to come next week.
I am appreciative to my Heavenly Father that I have a full time job that allows me to help in our family financial situation. But in that job, I am also grateful that I have Friday's off, that my day ends when I choose to be done, that I have the flexibility with this job to be home sick with me, Kathryn or Del, that I can truly come and go as I will. So, with all of that, I have tried to not complain as much that I even HAVE to work. It's a blessing Del and I still have jobs. There are some, in the very near future, who will not have that blessing.
So, I cherish my moments of sweet whisperings and the increased frequency in which they come. The more I allow them, the more they will become a more constant occasion in my life. It eliminates so much of the anxiety and stress that I had been living and now brings more focus to those things that are important in my life.

No comments: