Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Only the 22nd, but Already a VERY LONG Month

No pictures to post, no long details to give, but for it only being the 22nd of July, I feel it's been the longest month of the year already.
First of all, very hot days...in the 100's mostly - we moved our Orthodontic office to it's new location and things went basically downhill from there. The new office is nice and all, but it took a good week of our working days to feel like we were adjusting to things...plus, I hurt for days after lifting and moving heavy things from one office to the other.
Then, Dr Henao was sick a day and I had to cancel all the patients for the day and then that very same week, the 20 year old son of one of our assistants died of a drug overdose and it sent the whole office into a downward spiral of overbooked, unhappy patients and very emotional Dr. and staff. I spent Wednesday the 15th at the ICU with our assistant trying to comfort her as she had to endure 5 hours of deliberation of taking her son off of life support...and then the meltdown experienced by everyone as the decision was made and the event happened. I was drained by the end of the day. The funeral followed Saturday - once again, very draining...it was then I realized he was her first born, died on the 15th, funeral on the 18th...seemed very familiar. The same as my Michael.
Yesterday was the last day of my work month. Dr Henao has left on vacation for the rest of the month. I'm relieved. I need to not think for a week or two. But Jordan's on his way home to stay for the next 5-6 weeks before school starts. He drove the night last night so should be here anytime this morning.
I know you can't tell, but I'm excited. It will be good to have him home and working amongst friends and family. We will celebrate both Kylie and Mike's birthday's while he's here and I think we'll even try to sneak in a celebration for him. Del and I will celebrate our 27th (?) anniversary and just have a nice relaxing month.
Now, to the rest of you, who along with me have failed to be faithful and consistent in our blogging - yes, there doesn't seem to be much to say outside of the day in and day out events of the summer...but unless I read some news from somebody soon, I'm going to be bored out of my skull. I have a few friends coming home from family trips soon, and hopefully they will report soon. But the rest of you??? Feed me something...a morsel, a crumb, just to give me some type of excitement for the day!!!!

2 comments:

Tim "n" Tracy McMillan (TNT McMillan) said...

Wow, what an eventfull month with the emotional rollercoaster. Good luck with the next week of this month and hopefully you can have a relaxing August.

Vicki said...

I'm totally in a slump. I'll try to do better. Just got back from Carlsbad last night. Took three pictures...how pathetic.