Wednesday, February 9, 2011

'But I Don't Want to Grow Up'

Del hasn't said a word, mostly because he knows how much I have LOVED not working full time the past 3+ months...BUT...
it's time to be a grown-up again.
In sending Kathryn's housing deposit and rent for the Spring semester and then booking plane flights for April, I have heard the 'cha-ching' sounds ringing throughout the house. And next week, we are supposed to sign her up for classes and then pay the $1600 tuition - so all in all, we have about $4000 going out on that sweet, not yet tattooed little caboose of mine...
Cha-ching!!!
I need to get back to work.
So the job hunt has REALLY started now. I sent out 6 resumes today with craigslist and then I have about 10 other contacts that I need to reach out to the rest of this week and next week. It shouldn't be hard to get a job...the openings in my field are out there - plenty of them, and I am qualified..that's probably exactly why I have been dragging my feet. I know I'll end up starting within days...and I haven't wanted to yet. But I can't let another month go by without helping out - so, I really need to start a full time job by...probably Monday the 21st. Pouting face :(!!
But, it will mean we can do all the things I'm wanting to do - a family cruise, going to Utah and helping pay for Kathryn to be in school. Plus, we're probably looking at getting a new car in the near future and I shouldn't be expecting Del to carry this whole financial load, especially when the benefits are mine to enjoy.
But it's been wonderful having so much time - to keep up with things, cook, blog, read, music and just everything the past three months have allowed me to do and be.
But, I AM an adult..time to start acting like one..
Sure glad I already have my trip in April scheduled - my last 'young at heart' get away...
at least until, well, maybe the end of September....
that seems like a good time to go up to Utah again...

No comments: