Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One Last Headache...For The Road...

She doesn't even leave for another month +...
But, she's wanting to go out with a bang!!!
Yes, this would be a tattoo...and yes, I was informed she is wanting to get this done before she goes off to BYU Idaho!!!! OF COURSE SHE DOES!!! WHY WOULDN'T SHE WANT TO DO ONE LAST THING before going off to college that requires the strictest honor code in all of the United States?????
I told her she couldn't. She looked at me funny and asked 'why not?' I, of course, gave her all the correct answers, finishing with 'because I'm your mom and I said so!'
The minute I said it, even I laughed... I asked her 'why doesn't that mean anything to you??'
With head in my hands I am breathing deeply....I'm surprised I'm breathing at all. Her dad stopped breathing hours ago and Kylie?? Kylie is determined she will talk sense into Kathryn before this comes to pass. I told her to knock herself out - I was throwing my hands up and crying 'UNCLE' for the last time...
I've now just had over an hour long conversation with Kylie - with both of us ending in tears.
We are desperately wanting Kathryn to understand the significance of her choices NOW - but when in reality, I have to know and understand that Kathryn will probably not understand the significance of her choices for years to come and that I have to learn patience and long suffering - and a few other Godlike qualities that are required of me to understand this concept of unconditional love.
So - for the next few weeks, I will encourage this decision of a tattoo to go another direction - but, if in the end, she chooses to get what I hear is called a 'tramp stamp', which is the tattoo on the 'small of her back', then I, for yet one more time, will smile and embrace her with all the love I have for her as my beautiful child.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Life is hard sometimes...