Thursday, February 24, 2011

Finally Getting What He Deserves

If you follow my blog, you know that Del has been with EDS and now Hewlett/Packard for just over 7 years now. He has worked hard and been paid little - or at least, not enough - or at least, not what he's worth.
That has all changed as of this week. Del gave his 2 week notice on Monday to HP and his last day will be March 4th. Then he will start his new job on Monday the 7th. He doesn't want me to say yet where he will be as he wants to wait until he actually starts the job, but we faxed over his accepted offer and contract yesterday and things are a 'GO'. I am so excited for him.
So...now Del has agreed that I can stay home and be Kathryn's mom until I take her up to school in April and then when I get back? I can look for a job then. Whoot whoot!!!
I love being home...and doing all the things I have started doing on the side...some hobbies..some bucket list items and some other dreams I have wanted to fulfill over the past 30 years. It's been a great time for me..and now will be even better with another 8 weeks to enjoy. I'm hoping to get a few more things started so that when I DO go back to work, they will flow a little more easily with less time to devote to them...all of this will make more sense the further involved I get...
Anyways...Congratulations to Del!!! Job promotion - well done - well deserved.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

That is AWESOME! YEA!!! Congratulations for SURE! :) Lotsa Loves!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! What a blessing!