Friday, February 11, 2011

My Best Friends







I've never had a best friend in my life. I've had friends, but never anyone that I have considered my BEST friend. I've always wanted one...and I've always needed one. But never found someone that I have been able to fit the role of what I thought was my 'best friend'.
So, for over the many years, I have found much comfort in the fact that I LOVE my children. I have loved and adored them from the moment they were born...and as they grew and became these little people with their own little personalities, I found myself choosing to spend more and more time with them over the choosing of being with other adults. They were funny, smart, happy and full of life. I have some wonderful memories of a lot of fun times with my young children.
And now as adults, I love how that relationship with them has not changed from being friends to something anything different than just better friends. I still love my kids - I still find them funny, smart, happy and full of life. And when I can, I still choose to spend time with them over any other adults. We have and tell secrets, we cry together and we laugh. We have FUN - we laugh our freakin' heads off - I have never laughed more than when I am with my kids. I love to be with them...They are my greatest joy...they are my best friends.
I'm glad that I've waited all these years to fill that role in my life with those that I love the most.
My kids...

No comments: