Tuesday, February 8, 2011

They Look Like Moccasins to Me

Kathryn owns a Payless shoe store...
I have...well, I just bought a few new pairs of shoes last month before the wedding - so now?
I have about 8 pairs of shoes...1 running/walking shoes, 2 black heels, black boots, 1 flip flops, brown heels, white sandals and tennis shoes.
Yeah - I'm not big on shoes...I go barefoot all day inside the house...I wear shoes on Sunday to church, when I walk/run and then work shoes with my scrubs. Otherwise, flip flops...
But Kathryn is crazy!!! You walk in the front door and they are lined up (only because I PUT them in a line hoping she'll pick them up ) from one end of the house to the other....and she has one of everything..two of most styles. But she gets most of them at Payless or Shoe Mart, so pretty inexpensive.
But how many pairs of shoes can you wear at one time????
Today, I had to run out to WalMart for some groceries and a Valentines Day card...I was in sweats...t-shirt - gorgeous day!!! I had the windows and doors open as Kathryn and I had been dancing and jumping around the front room to music and had left my tennis shoes outside - and flip flops were no where to be found.
I grabbed some socks and had them on before grabbing Kathryn's moccasins that were at the front door. I hear her let out a squeal...'MOM, you can't wear my Minnetonka's!!!' Because I had no idea what she was talking about, I was out the door and in the car before she caught up with me...
Apparently, the moccasins I had put on are $120 shoes..and you DON'T wear them with socks. What the heck??!! How was I to know??? They looked like moccasins to me!!! She made me take off the socks and warned me to not walk in water and ruin her 'shoes'.
At that point I was HOPING there would be SOME teenager at WalMart that would notice what a cool mom I was, wearing my Minnetonka's withOUT socks. No such luck.
At least I knew I was cool - Kathryn said so...
and here I thought I was just putting on moccasins...
Ba...lessons learned every day.

No comments: