Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sean's Birthday





Sean is Paul and Sherrie's son....He's never really been one of my favorite nephew's but has kind of grown on me as of late...(bahahahaha). A lot like...fungus...
Anyways..it was his birthday yesterday. He stopped by after school for some homemade chicken noodle soup and peach cobbler...(his favorite). We had a FUN fun visit and then tonight, his adorable wife Becky threw Sean a birthday party. Good food, good company and great fun again. We played 'Rock Band'...interesting thing young people do these days...instruments and singing to music played on the tv through a video...UH...I'm so old for things like that, but Sean insisted that the 4 of us there over the age of 50, do one song...'Imagine' by John Lennon. Del was on drums, Susan Robb on keyboard, Bob Rob on guitar and I was vocalist. We apologized afterwards and quickly took our departure so we could all get to bed..it was 8:00 and way past our bedtime. But a fun night for Sean....
BYU played Wyoming today and had a GREAT game...in fact, a fantastic game to end the season. We have tournament play off's next week in Las Vegas and then it's March Madness. I am pretty much zoned out the rest of the month watching basketball day in and day out. I was remembering the days when we used to actually go to the play off's with our friends the Dunn's. That's when I met Shaq for the first time...haha - geez I'm old. Those were fun times. Now, I'll take the comfort of my home UNLESS BYU goes to the Elite 8, which is being played in San Antonio Texas...and then the Final Four, which is being played in Houston Texas...and then of course, the Championship, which is also in Houston. I would have to do some pretty sweet talking though to get Del to let me go to any of those games, especially when I have a trip to Idaho planned in April. Cha Ching!!!$$$$$ I may have to enjoy BYU via the television set in my media room. Oh well...I'll be happy either way.
Yesterday and today, I've been smothering Kathryn...well, not smothering, but she's wanting some space. Instead of sharing every detail of her thoughts, actions and desires, she's wanting a little more privacy. So, of course, not knowing 'the mood' had changed, I was still back in our 'best friend tell each other everything' mode and she FB'd about crashing and having a melt down. It took a friend telling me to check on her that let me know there was even a problem. It's getting to be a 'minute by minute' experience with her...so, I'm probably needing to focus a little more of my time and efforts in keeping up with her 'changes'. She's on a count down...40 days til we go to Idaho for college. Yes, she's counting...has been since day 65. We're both counting but for different reasons. I will miss her. She's ready...at least yesterday and today she is ready to go.
But who knows??? Maybe Monday will bring another....change....
I can only hope.

1 comment:

Jacob said...

I think if BYU is in the elite 8 we need to throw a party and all watch together. I'm just sayin'...