Friday, March 11, 2011

When Did THAT Happen??

Last night, after I had finished babysitting for the day, watched the BYU game which was VERY stressful, got dinner going and cleaned a little house, I noticed my new cell phone wasn't working. Couldn't get it to even turn on or anything. Of course, not having a clue what the problem was and not having Kathryn here to tell me what was wrong, I hopped in my car and quickly drove the 2 miles to Best Buy to ask them to fix it.
I get there and they are slightly busy with a line of customers, so I get in what appears to be a waiting line for the needed help. This young mom and her, shall we say, 6 year old, come in and proceed to go directly to the Best Buy employee for some information. Then the mom realizes that there is, indeed, a waiting line and turns to her daughter and says, 'Lindsey, let's step back and let them help this old lady first.' I think to myself, 'That's nice of them' and then turn around to see which nice lady they are stepping aside for. Of course, I'm looking for some little gray haired, bent over 60-70 year old grandma when I realize that the little old lady they are talking about it is..ME!!!

WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN????

Now, I knew I had had a rough long day, but did I really look THAT bad???
I went home quite annoyed and went to look at myself in the mirror....no shower, no hair done, no make up, a little baby food on my shirt from Gavin's lunch and barbecue sauce on my cheek from the chicken on the grill.

This morning, I got up 30 minutes early. I have showered, done my hair, my make up is on, I am wearing my BYU attire for the game today and I have even sprayed Japanese Cherry Blossom body spray on me.
Yesterday's courtesy for the 'little old lady' was NOT going to be directed MY way again!!!
And I've got to remember to dye my hair again before I take Kathryn up to Idaho.

Go Cougars!!!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

HA! Thanks for the laugh! Some people don't think before they speak, even when their intentions are good. It's like when Kevin thinks it's endearing to call me "big girl"...uhhh, that would be a "NO"!