Saturday, April 9, 2011

Grandma's First Sleepover


Mike and Kylie celebrated their 3 year wedding anniversary this weekend...
and so grandma got to babysit Preston and have a sleepover.
The kids left yesterday afternoon...so I went over at around noon, got all the babysitting instructions and then the party started!!! Preston and I played and played...I took him for a walk where we went visiting around the neighborhood. Then he had a bottle and went down for a nap while I read a little of my book for April. Two hours later, he was up and we played some more. Dinner was 2 jars of yummy food, most of which made it into his tummy, but enough got around his face and hands that we were off for a bath after that. Now THAT was tons of fun. He loves to take baths and was splashing and sucking on the wash cloth the whole time. Into pajamas and then grandpa came over to play for a few hours. They went out into the garden and backyard where we introduced Preston to the ducks that were swimming by in the canal...after about 30 minutes, we came in and Preston and grandpa did TONS of playing and practicing trying to crawl. I think grandpa finally figured out how to crawl after an hour or so...then it was bed time. Del fed Preston a bottle and then took him off to bed... Del went home and I stayed the night. The kids back around 10:00 this morning.
So, it wasn't for a LONG time, but it was fun having my first sleepover with my grandson. And he was a gem.
It will be the first of many more times to come, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Kylie C. said...

Thank you for watching him! He sure loves his Grandma!