Thursday, February 23, 2012

Here We Go Again

My days are rolling into each other. It's that time of year when nothing new is happening and nothing exciting is starting either............
Well, kind of.
The winter hibernation is now manifesting itself on my waistline.
I have only gained 3 pounds back...BUT...the inches are thick on my waist.
My tummy is back.
So, I am back to power walking, as of last night. And Lexi is going with me. I'm hoping that after 4 months of walking again and back on cutting out all my 'wants' as far as in between eating, I'll lose it all again.
PLEEEEEAAASSSEEEEE!!!
I can only hope.
And there are a few changes at work.
One of our techs, Christy, left and went to another vet office.
The another of our techs, Heather, had her baby. She will be out until the end of March.
Then Linda, the other receptionist that trained me, has left and gone on to another better paying job. I am now the receptionist.
For now, they have hired a temp tech to fill in until Heather comes back and another tech, Tracie, who is pregnant, is now assisting me at the front desk part time. But she will go back to tech at some point and I will be left as the only receptionist up front.
I'm sure I can handle it on my own. And I'm hoping that after proving that for a few months, they will see fit to give me a raise.
The attitude of the office has changed. People are happier...I'M happier, more at ease and feel a little more relaxed. Things aren't as strained and stressful as before. So I'm loving my job again.
We are more social and outgoing with the clients at the office. It's nice to feel like I'm making some friends with them.
I've connected with some friends on face book from back 30 years ago...friends that lived in Nelson apartments when I was there. I couldn't remember some of them, but do now. I'm also trying to reach out to some friends in the ward...actually doing my visiting teaching and enjoying it. And I'm wanting to stretch my personal time into more socializing with some of these friends. I'm wanting to not just live in my little box anymore...but stretch my comfort zone to spend more time with others.
It's an exciting possibility...
and I hope it works out.
Gunna try it anyways...

No comments: