Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Quotes I Want to Remember

I just finished reading a book called 'Souvenir'.
It was good and a quick read for me, as it was a romantic novel, my favorite.
One thing I really enjoyed and wanted to not forget, were some quotes that were in the book, at the beginning of some of the chapters...
so I will record them here so I can have them always.

1. 'Love is a promise, love is a souvenir,
once given never forgotten,
never let it disappear.'
John Lennon

2. 'Do, for love, what you would not do.'

3. 'God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December.'
J.M. Barrie

4. 'There is a crack, a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in.'
Leonard Cohen

5. 'Everyone should carefully observe which way his heart draws him,
and then choose that way with all his strength.'
Hasidic Saying

6. 'There is no remedy for love
but to love more.'
Henry David Thoreau

7. 'I hold it true, whate're befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.'
Alfred, Lord Tennyson

8. 'They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
Out of a misty dream, our path emerges for awhile,
then closes within a dream.'
Ernest Dowson

No comments: