Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Just Add 'Menopause', For Laughs

I'm 53 years of age.
At this age, there are basic things that happen in one's life that should be 'expected'.
Those my age tend to get a little 'thicker' in the mid section, a little 'saggy' in the top section, and a little slower in the bottom section.  I'm all of the above.
Many my age become 'empty nesters', grandparents, early retiree's, vacationers or relaxers from their years of hard work.  The golden years should be just a few years off; I'm still in my 'bronze' years.
I've quit my job and can't find a new one.
I have two grandchildren but my youngest is still at home.
Retirement doesn't look for ten years off, at least, and that will only be if I find a job in the near future.  Otherwise, we're 20 years out.
I haven't been on a vacation in almost two years and even then, we took all of our children with us.
And my new definition of 'relaxing' is putting in Phase 1 of our HUGE garden and looking forward to putting in Phase 2!!  THEN, and ONLY then, can I sit back and watch my garden grow.
Of course, then comes 'the harvest'.  No rest for the wicked come fall season.
Then...THEN...just add menopause to the whole equation.
Just for laughs.

No comments: