Saturday, July 2, 2022

Laundry Day





 I have to pick and choose when I try and complete certain tasks at home, because Peyton can sure be a deterrent from getting anything done - 

Point in case - the laundry.  

Piles of it; every week.  My routine is to wash them all, then pile them on my bed and fold them all at the same time while I watch a movie.  Peyton most generally, has other plan.

She will unfold piles as quickly as I fold them...and then scatter them around the room.  So not only is it the re-folding of everything, but the finding of it before anything can progress.  To Peyton, folded pile means 'yippee, time to play'...

So, I put her in the laundry basket with toys, hoping to distract her for even 10 minutes.  But out she climbs and the process begins again.  I turn off my movie, put on something to interest her, back in the laundry basket.  But, out she climbs and the process begins again.

THEN, my freakin genius mode kicked in.  You know, the one mode that actually outsmarts the 17 month old?  I have a bath tub.  Too tall for her to climb out of and plenty of things for her to play with.  Things were going great and I could actually SEE the bottom of the pile, when????  I hear the water.  

By that time, I am tripping over multiple piles of folded clothes to get to her fast enough to not have her soaking wet, but realize I am WAY TOO LATE as I hear giggles and splashes of water from the tub.  It was all I could do, as I hit the bathroom tile, to stop myself from slip siding all the way into the toilet before I caught my balance.  The fall was only to me knees.  I avoided landed on my butt.

So.  As I assessed my situation, I just looked at her gleeful face and listened to giggles of pure joy and stifled the desire to scream out , "I'm a 62 year old NANA! Be nice to me!".  I scooped her up out of the tub, dried BOTH of us off and began the process...AGAIN.

No comments: