Friday, July 29, 2022

Forty Years and Counting

 
He's the love of my life.  And marrying him was the best decision of my life.

We've had the lowest of lows and the highest of highs in our marriage.  And through it all, I only wanted to experience it with him.  Del is solid.  He is never wavering in his devotion - to God, to me and to our children.  He has never lost vision of our eternal goal.  So he has been the patient one - the forgiving one - the rock in our marriage.  He brings depth to our life - to our marriage - to our purpose.

Over the years, I have finally come to where I feel ALMOST equal to his person.  I don't come near to understanding scripture and doctrine as he does, but I am striving to become that way.  Del's thought processes are way different, in that he tries to understand multiple levels of understanding on scripture references and life in general.  I tend to understand only what I need to and let others research for me.  But our discussions and thought sharing has become more intense over the years to where I love what we learn together.  I have been able to help Del ENJOY life a little more, in the relaxing and taking time to smell the roses in life.  He now enjoys SEEING things more - participating in life's offerings.  We bring out and enhance each others strengths and desires.  We enjoy more things together, yet still allow each other our private and personal likes and dislikes.

We are blessed - and we have been a blessing to each other.  I truly believe our Heavenly Father is pleased with what we have done and plan to do in the future.  Our feet are jointly on the path to returning to live with HIM again.  While still complete opposites in so many things, we are united in the areas of our life that will benefit us eternally.  I love him dearly and still try to do things to let him know, I'm with him - in this life and in the next.

No comments: