Monday, August 1, 2022

Anniversary Getaway - Day 1









 Josh Groban.

My favorite male singer of all time.

Del found out he would be in concert in Kansas City MO the week before our anniversary.  Only an 8 hour drive.  So he gave me the thumbs up to buy tickets and a hotel room for that night.  I was beyond excited.  

The drive over was easy and simple - we talked the whole way, stopped and took fun pictures at a rest stop and then got there early enough to rest a little in the hotel and grab something from Chick-fil-e before heading over to the stadium.

I was filled with excitement and anticipation.  I saw Josh Groban for the first time, 9 years ago here in Texas for our anniversary.  It was THE best concert ever.  I literally just drooled the whole time and got teary eyed every other song.  This concert was a little different.  It was only one or two of his old songs, and it was promoting his new album.  I will be honest.  The concert was wonderful - such talent he has in his voice and accompanying violinist and orchestra.  BUT, it was not as good as his first.  I didn't know these songs as well so I was only able to sit and absorb them for such a short time.  But his voice hasn't changed at all.  Still pristine.  Velvety smooth and chilling.  I was mesmorized to the last song.

Del is so thoughtful to think of me on our anniversary.  He likes Josh Groban's talent also, but of course, he knows my extreme emotion and tolerates it.  He's such a good sport to take me and watch me in the over 2 hour trance I tend to find myself in.  Poor guy doesn't get much attention from me until after the last song, but he knows how much I love it and what mood it puts me in - wink wink.  I love him for his wanting to make me happy.

And I was.

No comments: