Friday, July 8, 2022

Low Key 4th of July

 






Actual day of, we did nothing.  Seriously.  It was so crazy hot, Jordan and Ammon both worked in the morning - Del worked out in the garden and we did nothing.

But two days later, Lexi invited us over to just enjoy a few little firecrackers and sparklers with ice cream.  My kind of low key day.  News had multiple reports of mass shootings into parades and people watching fireworks - accidents of those lighting fireworks etc etc - just kind of takes all the joy out of any type of celebration.

What I really liked was singing the patriotic songs and National Anthem in Sacrament meeting on Sunday.  It gave me goosebumps.  So I guess I have SOME patriotism still left in me.  Just hard to feel it when our world seems to be collapsing around us.  

No comments: