Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's the Doctrine, Not the People

Too many 'perfect' people in the church judging the rest of us struggling saints who still make simple, yet innocent mistakes. If the truthfulness of the gospel was based on people and not doctrine, I would walk away. So, thank heavens for the doctrine.
It's times like today that 'hell' looks much more appealing than spending eternity with those who judge so unjustly, so unkindly and so quickly. My husband is a good, moral and honest man, full of more integrity in his little finger than most men exhibit in their whole lives. Those who THINK otherwise have either never met him and/or have no idea who he is.
He happened to marry me, far from perfect, still making mistakes in life and still striving to figure 'the whole thing out'. But he loves me and supports me in my struggles and desires to become more perfect. He knows my heart and he knows my potential and through each days trials and small steps of improvement, he stays with me and picks up the slack, covering for the void I cannot fill.
So, it's days like today, that I will defend my husbands reputation when maybe some insignificant choice I have made reflects on HIS integrity. And trust me, my 'mistake' would only be judged that by someone who may not have made the same decision I did, not that mine was wrong, but different.
So, to anyone who doesn't already know my wonderful husband, I love him - and not another man will you find with more integrity, more faith, more obedience or more devotion to his Father in Heaven. And any choice or decision that his wife makes in this life, will ever change the man I just described to you. He is who he is and you could judge the church by this man if not by it's doctrine.

4 comments:

Life Is What We Make It! said...

Agreed! Brother Lott is one of the best men I know! You are lucky to have him!

Debbie said...

Wow, I don't know what you did or who judged you/him, but I think you are BOTH two of the greatest people I know with such wonderful hearts. Love you guys!!

camden's grandma taylor said...

you are both a great asset to the church. I love having both of you in our ward. I love your husband's personality but I love yours too. You always make me laugh! I really appreciate you for that! I don't even want to start the list of my faults, the list is endless. I would love more social time. I am always enriched when I am around you guys. I love your sweet comments about the noisy children in relief society. I treasure your friendship.

camden's grandma taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.