Monday, May 4, 2009

Just Like Peas in a Pod

There's one dear sister missing - Sheila, the oldest. I love her too, but she just wasn't there this trip. She's 9 years older than I am, a big spread. I didn't know her really well growing up but have become better friends with her as we have aged and raised our families. She lives in Arizona with her husband Steve, who is a dentist. Sheila is a dental hygienist, a profession she achieved in her later years.
Us other five sisters are a little closer in age - and we had such fun together up in Utah just this past March.
Elaine, to MY right, lives right here in Plano with her husband Mark. She and I are probably the closest, mostly because we live so close to each other. We both have such busy lives though that we don't spend near the amount of time together that I wish we could.
Rachel, to my first left, lives in Ogden with her husband Mike
Rebecca, next, lives in Highland with her husband Lance
and then Jennifer, the youngest, lives in Sandy with her husband Paul.
I love these girls - each and every one of them in such unique and different ways. They are so near and dear to my heart.
Today, I am just grateful for my sisters.
Just because their my friends...then my sisters.

No comments: