Monday, May 4, 2009

Siamese Twins

Two of the best men in the world...Hermanos, comrades, amigos....my daddy and Uncle Floyd. They have been through a lot together. I am so sad that Uncle Floyd lost his dear Aunt Alice last year. It still just breaks my heart. I am so glad my dad is there to be with Uncle Floyd. They are so close.
These two men worked as dentists together for over 40 years, along with my Uncle Ron. They raised their families together, took vacations together, served in the church together, and now have moved to Utah to be together again in continuing to help raise their grandchildren.
Both have served as mission presidents and the first and only time in church history, both served as Temple Presidents at the same time - daddy over Los Angeles and Uncle Floyd over the San Diego temple. They both serve now as stake Patriarchs and sealers in the Timpanogas Temple.
I love these two men and the great lives they have lived and continue to live. Great men. They have each assisted their wives in raising large families...daddy with 12 children and Uncle Floyd with 14. They come from a large family of 17 siblings that love and serve the Lord diligently. I am so proud to be part of their heritage.
They remain close - eternal brothers and friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow - what a legacy! I loved reading about them.