Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Toast - To the New Year

Last night, Kathryn had to work..
Del was in bed by 11:00 and me??
I sat alone watching the New Year come in on t.v. while watching football.
Well, this morning was going to be different.
I love the Doobie Brothers...teenager at the dances...
so, bright and early, I blasted Doobie Brothers...CHINA GROVE and started rocking out!!!
Kathryn joined me in the front room while Del watched us dance, song after song after song.
After about 30 minutes, we dropped to the floor rolling with laughter....

So, I offer a toast - to the year 2011..
may you be filled with laughter and joy...
with tears and heartache...
with successes and failures...
with understanding and appreciation of the journey..
with dancing, with mourning, with loving and being loved....
and may each moment be stored and memorized in my mind and heart forever...
to...(and I raise my glass)..
2011.
Cheers...

No comments: