Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Fun Has Started





As you can see, Jordan and Lexi have arrived and Preston has stolen everyones hearts.
Yesterday, we went to Hurricane Harbor as a family and spent 6 hours doing water slides and swimming. I didn't do as much as the others as I'm really not into the 'slide' thing, but the others went all out...especially Del. I was a little surprised that he was up for doing so much and survived it so well. I was enjoying just relaxing in the pools and slower water. I was so hesitant to even BE in a bathing suit, but after getting there and seeing the other hundreds of women and what they were wearing? Geez...there were a LOT of brave women to be in bathing suits weighing what they were weighing....twice as much as i weigh....
anyways....
After hours of over eating, being water logged and getting sunburned, we had a blast. Then we came home, had a barbecue and then played some games before calling it 'our first day of our family reunion'. Now today, the kids all came to our ward for church and then we just finished with a good spaghetti dinner and more games before once again, calling it a night. I can tell that if all of our days go like these first few days, I'm going to be exhausted and need a vacation from my vacation. I'm pooped from all the cooking and cleaning up. It will be nice to finally get on the cruise and let someone else do all the work.
Jordan and Lexi look good. It's going to be nice to get to know Lexi better. She seems wonderful. And of course, it is sooo fun to see my kids interacting with each other again, especially Jordan and Kylie. They are peas in a pod...hilarious together they way they tease and love each other. I have found myself smiling a lot observing them get reunited....this will be a fun vacation.
Work this next week and then we leave a week from today.
Yahoo.....

No comments: