Tuesday, August 9, 2011

'Taking Care of Business'

Love LOVE the music from the 70's!!!!!!!
We had the BEST music ever back in my youth...teenage years. The stake dances were the best - and because I was the stake dance chairman for 2 years, I made sure we had the best music played!!! I wasn't a real 'acid rock' fan..ie..Led Zepplin, Alice Cooper, ZZ Top, Ozzie, Kiss, and some others that were just a little 'too off the wall' for me. Speaking of that..'The Wall' by Pink Floyd was about the most 'off the wall' I listened to and it became an acquired taste..and only after I was introduced to it by a friend.
I loved music ..and most any kind of music. I didn't need to be high to enjoy it, I didn't need to be wasted and I certainly didn't need to be stoned to appreciate good music. Usually, it was the other way around...music made ME high...If I could dance and rock -n- roll to it, I LOVED it.
This past week, I have decided to shift away from some of the music that has been emotionally draining me...sucking me emotionally dry. For right now, I can't cry anymore. I need a break from the 'flood gates'.
So...This week, I have been experiencing a 'flash from the past'...and it has felt good to have the blood pumping and my feet stomping to some good ole rock-n-roll.
I've been writing down my favorites...
China Grove ....Doobie Brothers
Taking Care of Business...Bachman Turner Overdrive
Black or White...Michael Jackson
Let Your Love Flow...Bellamy Brothers
The Wall....Pink Floyd....Comfortably Numb...
September...Earth Wind and Fire
Don't Bring Me Down...Electric Light Orchestra
Games People Play, Eye in the Sky...Alan Parsons Project
You Shook Me All Night Long ...AC/DC
Get Out Of My Dreams...Billy Ocean
What a Fool Believes...Doobie Brothers
EAGLES..everything
Foreigner...everything
Boston...everything
Journey...everything
Chicago...everything
Styx...everything
Beatles...selective
ABBA...most
Pat Benetar...Heart...

Get the picture what I've been enjoying this week??? No tears have been flowing this week...only my blood.
Feeling ALIVE for the first time in months....
Mountain high before the valley low???
Maybe...so gunna ride it for as long as the momentum is going!!!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

LOVE it!!!! I am TOTALLY related to you!!!!

AnnCP said...

I love good foot-stompin' music too - but unlike you and Adrienne here - I couldn't tell you the names or the groups that sing the songs or even be able to identify the song!!! So I appreciate you listing the music, and now I can put them on my playlist!!!

Thanks :)