Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Only Way to End This Day!!!









It was a CRAZY week at work with this mornings schedule typifying the rough week it was in the world of cats and dogs....We had 5 euthanizations...just today; 4 dogs and 1 kitty and more throughout the week. And then we had emergencies of a cat being hit by a car...a dog eating something not meant to be ingested by a dog...etc..etc.. So, I came home exhausted, both physically and mentally/emotionally. It was hard.
But I came home to..more work. Today was our 'meat canning' day of both chicken and beef for our food storage; a new adventure for us. But at least we had 'entertainment' to help us make it through the stress of it all...Preston!! And he has become quite the 'grandpa's boy'. He sure loves his grandpa..follows Del all over the house, whimpered when Del had to go outside to do the chicken on the barbecue until Del would re-enter and pick him up. If Del was at the sink, Preston would follow him to the sink...if Del threw something away in the garbage, Preston would open the lid to see what it had been. He was Del's little shadow...
The whole process has taken the remainder of the day and now, at 9:00 p.m. we have the last batch of bottles in the pressure cooker with 45 minutes left to cook and then an hour to cool before we can put them on the counter to admire our hard work.
But while waiting, I have been thinking that if not for being Mormon, today would be a 'drinking' day...the kind of day that many of my co-workers and friend come home, have a Jack Daniels or two..or three or...you get the idea...and then crash.
But because I am Mormon...I finished my day the only way I knew how...
...homemade chocolate peanut clusters.
It was either that or an IV of straight chocolate.
I chose the 'lesser of the two evils'.
I will sleep well.
Complete exhaustion.
And chocolate...

No comments: