Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Aftermath

So, the house is once again, silent.
Our 'Empty Nester's Phase 2' has begun.
I took Kathryn over to meet Jordan and Lexi Monday morning at 6:00 so they could start their trip back to Idaho early. Only 2 minutes from the house we had to turn around to get Kathryn's blanket she left in her room. I sighed a BIG sigh.
Our van had died the Saturday before we left on the cruise, so we had only one car to get me and Del to work...we tried to fix it that night only to find that we didn't have the right part...so today, we were once again with only one car. It's not that big of an inconvenience that I thought it would be...but enough. We're so busy though that we won't have time to get the van to the shop until next week.
But I'm enjoying being back to work...where I can...rest. REALLY!! I am exhausted from our vacation. My kids wore me out!! I now need a vacation from my vacation! Our family pictures are done though so I have enjoyed looking through them and trying to decide which ones to get for our home. Plus, NFL football is in full swing and so is BYU football...so I am one happy camper...as long as my teams are winning.
I need to share one funny side note...real funny.
The Chatterton family watched Lacey while we were gone. They have watched her once before and they love her and things went great. Well, when Del went to pick Lacey up on Sunday, he asked them how things had gone...fine...except apparently Lacey ate one of their birds. They don't have proof except for all the bird feathers Lacey had dripping from her mouth. I bust out laughing...as did they...and their son Bryce, started crying when Del took Lacey home. Seems Bryce loves Lacey and wanted to keep her. Del said it broke his heart to see Bryce crying over Lacey being taken away; bird or no bird.
I guess if that was our worst aftermath from this trip, we did fairly well for our first family reunion!!!
Rest in Peace little bird...and bon appetite Lacey!!!!

No comments: