Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cruisin' Day 6


Each of us got to hold these two very large birds...
The best Mariachi Band this place had ever seen.
Momma finally got to use her Spanish and do some 'bargaining'.
We added one 'Amigo' to the Three Amigos.
The little 'hole in the wall' restaurant we found to eat lunch in.
And it WAS GOOD!!!!
The back streets of Cozumel...
A tourists ride....
any chance for a foto, we took it...
Doing some shopping.

A boot from Texas...store where Del bought his new hat.
My stomping grounds brought to reality.



A little more 'bargaining'...my Spanish came back real quickly.

Our feet after a long day of shopping...tired...

While waiting for the best 'show night' of the cruise, the kids played BINGO.

And of course, the night ended with more ice cream...


and more games....


Towel animal for the night...Snoopy. Really, it was a dog.


Our final port of call was Cozumel Mexico....and it was, by far, the most enjoyable of days for the family. Me personally? I had a rough day.
Mexico....very much like Chile for me...and with that similarity, it brought back a lot of memories for me of my mission and certain people. I spoke Spanish most of the day in our shopping and interaction with the people; bus driver, waiter, store vendors etc. The houses, the back streets, the restaurant, the stores and the people....all of it took me back 32 years to Chile and my heart ached. I snuck away to el bano and found myself in tears for a good few minutes. I even ran across a sign that said 'Mr. Chile' on it. I found myself with heavy sighs through out the day but tried to not fall apart in front of my family. They wouldn't have understood; I barely did myself.
While the rest of the family had ice cream and played some games, I feigned weariness and excused myself to bed early where I cried myself to sleep. Just not a good time to be thinking of my past so I had to 'sleep it away'.

No comments: